MBBS (RIMS), MD (AIIMS,Delhi)
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr. Tsering Wangdi is an obstetrician and gynaecologist with over 14 years of experience. He completed MBBS from RIMS, Manipur and did his post-graduation from AIIMS, New Delhi. He worked as a research officer at AIIMS for six months on the CORONIS Trial which was an international multicentric trial on different methods of caesarean section , funded by the Oxford University, England. He then did 3 years of senior residency at AIIMS during which he was involved in academic teaching programs for post graduates, undergraduates and nursing students. The six years of training at AIIMS enabled him to venture into the different subspecialties of gynaecology. He was trained in assisted reproductive techniques i.e. IVF and advanced laparoscopic gynae surgeries at his Alma Mater and in Mumbai for further IVF training.
Some of his laudable achievement in the fertility treatment were the successful pregnancy outcome with own egg in a 43 year old lady and in another lady with Swyer’s syndrome, a genetic condition where a female has abnormal non functioning ovaries (that required removal) due a male genetic make up. He also has experience in handling high risk pregnancies such as twins, pregnancies with medical disorders and advanced maternal age which are commonly seen in patients undergoing IVF.
Dr Tsering is also passionate about alleviating the suffering of women due to gynae cancers. This passion was ignited when he saw many women including young girls suffering and succumbing to cancer. With this motivation, he joined fellowship in gynae oncology at GRCI cancer institute in Ahmedabad. Since then he has been working in prevention and treatment of gynae cancers and has treated many young girls and women suffering form ovarian, uterine, cervical and vulval cancer. He was also a visiting gynae cancer consultant at NECHRI , Jorabat. He believes in treating his patients with a holistic , evidence based approach with compassion and understanding.
1. Wangdi T, Garg P. Diagnosis and Management of Hirsuitism. Ind Obs Gynecol. 2011,1;2:13-21
2. Wangdi T, Deka D. Rupture of non-communicating rudimentary horn ectopic pregnancy of a unicornuate uterus in first trimester. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2015;4:1211-3.
3. Wangdi T, Patel S, Arora R etal. A Clinico-pathological Analysis of Women with Epithelial Ovarian Cancer in 20–40 Years Age Group. Ind J Gynecol Onco. 2017;15(3):39
4. Nanda A, Thangapandi, Wangdi T et al. Cytokines, Angiogenesis, and Extracellular Matrix Degradation are Augmented by Oxidative Stress in Endometriosis. Ann Lab Med. 2020;40(5):390-397
5. Wangdi T, Kachhawa G. Laparosopic sacrohysteropexy for repair of genital prolapse in women. J Minim Invasive Gynecol.2012;19(6):S58.
6. Wangdi T, Garg P, Kriplani A, Bhatla N, Agarwal N, A comparative evaluation of total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus non – descent vaginal hysterectomy with sutureless vessel sealing system. In abstract book of C G Saraiya CME at 56th AICOG 2013, Organized by FOGSI, Mumbai 16-19:1:2013, P
7. Mahey R, Kriplani A, Kachhawa G, Wangdi T, Menon RP. Laparoscopic hysteropexy for genital prolapse in young women and reproductive outcome. Abstract Book of 35th Annual AOGD Conference, Delhi, 21-22 Sep 2013: P-31.
8. Wangdi T, Kriplani A, Kachchawa G, Mahey R. Endoscopic management of placenta accrete. Abstract Book of 35th Annual AOGD Conference, Delhi, 21-22 Sep 2013: P-32.
9. Thosar M, Kriplani A, Agrawal N, Kachhawa G, Mahey R, Wangdi T, Kaur S, Bhatla N. Atypical presentation of antenatal Bartter’s synome: Maternal polyhyamnios with normal amniotic fluid chloride levels. Abstract Book of 35th Annual AOGD Conference, Delhi, 21-22 Sep 2013: P-45.
10. Kriplani A, Wangdi T, Menon RP, Mahey R, Kachhawa G. Laparoscopic removal of eroded mesh following laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2013;20(6):S54.
11. Kriplani A, Kachhawa G, Wangdi T, Menon RP. Laparoscopic strassman’s metroplasty for bicornuate uterus. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2013;20(6):S186.
12. Wangdi T, Kriplani A, Kachhawa G, Mahey R. Laparoscopic Gonadectomy in patients with disorders of sexual differentiation. Abstract book of 57th All India Congress of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (AICOG), Organised by FOGSI, Patna, 1-5 Feb, 2014: P. 53-53
1. Garg P, Wangdi T. Fibroid uterus. Dos’ and don’t’s in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.2012
2. Wangdi T, Sharma J B. Sexually transmitted diseases. AOGD Bulletin, November 2013;11-13.
3. Kriplani A, Kachhawa G, Wangdi T. Endocrinology in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 1st edition. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (p) Ltd.; 2015. Chapter 14, Disorders of Sex Development; p.107-115.
1. Management of a case of 46 XX Ovo-testicular DSD. North Zone Yuva FOGSI, Muzaffarnagar, 7-9:12:2013
2. A comparative evaluation of total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus non-descent vaginal hysterectomy with sutureless vessel sealing system, FOGSI, Mumbai, 16-19:1:2013.
3. Endoscopic management of placenta accretea. 35th Annual Conference of AOGD, Delhi, 21-22:9:2013.
4. Laparoscopic Gonadectomy in patients with disorders of sexual differentiation. 57th AICOG 2014, Organised by FOGSI, Patna, 1-5:2:2014.
5. Clinico-hormonal profile and gonadectomy in patients with disorders of sexual development. 4th national conference of GESI, Delhi, 26-27:04:2014
1. Gold Medal for first position in Ophthamology in MBBS.
2. Gold Medal for first position Community Medicine in MBBS.
3. Second position in 2nd professional MBBS exam
4. First position in 3rd professional MBBS exam part 1
5. IOG Dr. Stya Paul Awards 2012 for Best Review article on “Diagnosis and Management of Hirsuitism ”
6. Third prize for oral paper presentation on “ A comparative evaluation of total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus non descent vaginal hysterectomy” at FOGSI annual conference of AICOG 2013, Mumbai.
7. Third prize for oral paper presentation on “ Clinico-hormonal profile and gonadectomy in patients with disorders of sexual development” at 4 th National conference of Gynae Endocrine Society of India, 2014, New Delhi