Nutrition / Diet
What is Nutrition and Diet?
Nutrition is the term used for the scientific study of food and how it is utilised by the body. Nutrition is the basic need and a prerequisite to a healthy life. Whereas diet is the sum of food consumed by a person to attain nutrients. A proper diet is essential from the very early stages of life for proper growth, development and to remain active. Eating a balanced diet provides all the nutrients in required amounts and proper proportions. It can easily be achieved through a blend of the four basic food groups. The quantities of foods needed to meet the nutrient requirements vary with age, gender, physiological status and physical activity.
Why healthy diet is important?
- Opting for a balanced, adequate and varied diet is an important step towards a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Healthy diet also contribute to an adequate body weight.
- A healthy diet can protect the human body against certain types of disorders and diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease etc.
- Vitamins and minerals in the diet are vital to boost immunity and healthy development.
- Healthy eating is a good opportunity to enrich life by experimenting with different foods from different cultures, origins and with different ways to prepare food.
How nutrition is related with endocrine system?
Endocrine system comprises of hormone releasing glands that helps in regulation of the reproduction, growth, metabolism, sleep, blood pressure, heart rate etc. Proper nutrition plays a key role in regulating hormone. Nutrients provide nutrition to each organ and gland to efficiently fulfil their function. Without nutritional balance, our body is inefficient to manufacture energy needed for metabolism.
Endocrine disorders highlight the importance of hormonal and nutritional factors in the regulation of metabolism in human beings. The nutritional alterations affect each and every aspect of the functioning of the endocrine glands leading to serious disorders.
Our dietary goals
- To maintain a state of positive health and optimal performance by maintaining an ideal body weight of our clients.
- To achieve adequacy in all nutrients and prevention of deficiency diseases.
- To prevent chronic diet-related disorders.
- Management of weight loss
- Diabetic diet counselling
- Treatment of underweight and malabsorption disorders
- Management of deficiency disorder
- Providing personalised diet charts
FAQ : Top Questions We Hear From Patients
Two substances that may harm thyroid are goitrogens and gluten. Goitrogens may interfere with the normal thyroid function while some people may also suffer from celiac disease. But it is fine if they are consumed in moderate amounts unless they cause discomfort.
While it is easy to gain weight hypothyroidism, there are plenty of things one can do to help maintain a healthy weight, for example- try to get plenty to rest, practice mindful eating and maintain exercise on regular basis.